Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 6 Thing 15 Library2.0

I read the Horizon Report about the "New Media Consortium (NMC)’s Horizon 

Project, a five-year qualitative research effort that seeks 

to identify and describe emerging technologies likely to 

have a large impact on teaching, learning, or creative 

expression within learning-focused organizations." 

The report  gave examples of how new technologies are being used on college campuses.  I wish I could find a similar report that gathered examples for elementary schools.

In the article, there was a reference to MeeboMe and how it was being used by a university library.  

It allowed users to chat online with a librarian when using the library catalog.  I think that my students would use such a tool if it was available.  Don't know how the tech department would react to adding MeeboMe to our catalog or who would be able to chat with the students as we are understaffed.  However, dreaming about the posssiblities is exciting.


No comments: